Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 6:26 PM |  
Stringing words into sentences is a magical thing. It's amazing how scribblings on a piece of paper is able to convey a message, an emotion. Stringing words into lyrics of a song and poems is an art in itself. Whether or not the outcome becomes a positive influence to others is another question.

Writing a piece of poetry on a piece of paper is like blogging. It is making a statement from within the self and becomes engraved on paper or cyberspace for other beings to see. Like blogging, it is a form of expression. It is like saying,"Been there done that, so judge me.... i don't care."

'i don't care' is in red because this is not true most of the times. What it is really shouting for is for the connection with a fellow human being. It is like saying, "I am human too.... you know what I'm saying."

What makes a particular song, a painting, a photograph or a piece of poetry so endearing? It is because they are able to capture the emotion at that particular moment and make that connection with the person listening to the song or appreciating that piece of art. At times, the real emotion the creator expressed is not what you experience when you appreciate that piece of work. And it doesn't matter.

So here's a piece of carefully selected of poetry I wrote. Carefully selected because it is only as much that I am willing to risk exposing while quietly wishing to make a connection with whoever will be reading it.

Hope

I hope that life is better
When tomorrow comes
I would plan and plan
But the results don't come out
I wonder why my life sucks
But all I could do is sigh
I've tried and I still try
To make things work
But it's still the same
No matter the work
I always try to have happy thoughts
Like the way I felt the day I fell in love*
Just when I thought I was about to fly
Reality slaps hard on my face
I hope and I hope that there will be hope
For those who hope just to cope

18 June 1999


*
love here simply means the crushes that i had, nothing more

I can't believe that I am telling the world that I used to write poems. Think of it more as songwriting or whatever. It will seem cooler that way. These are very rap worthy. Try rapping it out.

Posted by Firdaus Labels:

0 comments: