Sunday, August 5, 2007 at 11:30 AM |  
Yesterday, I started the day by meeting a representative of Al-Huda mosque. Al-Huda intends to make an iftar collaboration with NYPMSN. I was briefed how the event would run. With a little more planning things should go as planned insyaallah. My main concern is to get the number of youths who would participate in this particular event.

We were thinking of having another iftar, but I am having a little reservation if we should have it. Unless it's another collaboration, I fear that we may not have enough manpower.

Then I left for the Ngee Ann Poly for a talk organised by NPMSS. Its a talk titled, 'I'm proud to be a Muslim and a Poly student.' It was another one of those think big, think of the future kind of motivational talks. I love those kind of talks. It recharges me to think big of my own future.

I also asked the question that had bogged me down for so long. Prior to this talk, I had already made up my mind that animation is okay. It's just that I will be restricted from doing a lot of things; which to me still sucks cause it means that I would never seen as the best(perfectionist trait of mine). But I supposed that I could make it work by being the best in my area, for educational purposes and mainly kids.

In the talk, Ustaz Haron was saying that we should take our learning as learning the knowledge of Allah. Back to my question, I was relating that our government is supporting new media and if muslims could be animators(I am concerned about the hukum for drawing living objects). I resisted from asking this question to any ustazs before this as I would need to ask opinions from other ustazs before coming to my conclusions and I expected that there would be 2 different answers which eventually lead to my own decision. But I had to ask the question this time as the topic was pretty much related to what I had to ask.

But what I failed to realise was that these ustazs would have more knowledge to base their final conclusion on, unlike me. I make my decisions only based on my limited experience and knowledge.

I got an answer which pleased me and put my mind at ease. He pulled out a point which I had missed totally. It's back to the intention. If a person draws something with the intention to outdo Allah's creation, then it would be haram. It is agreed by contemporary ulamaks that if the animation is done with the intention of good, then it is permissible. And I have to agree that the media is a very powerful tool in which, we, as muslims can spread the light of the truth. Once again I felt recharged but there would still be restrictions that I would have to abide to as an animator.

I was also inspired to continue my fight in life when he was saying that he was from secular school but was learning about the religion at the same time. I have come to a conclusion that I should work just as hard for my religious knowledge as to my secular academics. Only then would I be balanced and not be fooled by the materialistic world. And so, I reaffirmed my believe in a balanced pursuit for knowledge. (Azhar's father was saying the same thing about an ustaz friend of his back at Al-Huda mosque earlier). And he was also saying that he was reading at least a book a day. Reading, something that I wish to pick up again at a regular basis.

After the talk, I went back and got ready to go for my tahfiz class. The rest of the day had been inspiring, but I was put to a challenge this time round. I felt that I had tried had to memorize for the week. But somehow, it did not seem to show in the class. Maybe, I was already feeling drained and sleepy. I thought to myself: The concept of pursuing for religious knowledge is both noble and beautiful but the actual process would be a challenge. I just have to be patient about it.

After class, I slipped in a talk that was going on by Ustaz Ahmad Dahri. He was probably concluding the topic about changing ourselves to be better. He was touching on the part of 3 types of patient. I thought to myself, I have to be patient in the choice that I made. I take it as an ibadah and one must be patient in ibadah(this got me thinking of my tahfiz class). He was also saying that if one wants to get his television fixed, he would find a professional to fix for him. When it comes to religion, I should also find an expert to help him out(this got me thinking about the question I asked at the talk).

I enjoy having one of the days whereby lessons are put right in front of you. It makes you think and you feel guided by Him. Of course, you must set in your heart that intention of seeking knowledge for the sake of Allah.
Posted by Firdaus Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Huda Lee said...

Alhamdulillah...you have found the answer to your doubts. Allah will help those who seek His help if you trust Him.

August 5, 2007 at 10:19 PM