Monday, August 27, 2007 at 1:39 AM |  
I was watching national geographic last Sunday about telepathy. It covered on remote viewing as well. Remote viewing is the ability to view something at the other side of the world by concentrating on the coordinates. Remote viewing became a method of intelligence gathering by the American military. The project is claimed to be closed down after 20 years. In my opinion it is probably another disinforming ploy. Disinforming is a term UFO conspiracy theorists use to describe when the governing tell half truths and wrap it with lies. Then takes back what they said and come up with some other reason. Basically, the idea is just to confuse the public so that they will eventually dismiss the whole thing as a myth. No, I am not saying that aliens exist. They are probably jinns or syaithans. I have a personal opinion that the government of the syaithan is where the Bermuda triangle is.

These are not new to me. It's the kind of things that I read about 10 years ago(i am so old). I get myself absorbed in UFOs, conspiracy theories, teleportation experiments like the Philadelphia Project. Werewolves and other creatures were also pet subjects.

Then I moved to different phases where I concentrated on different kind of books. There was self-development, psychology, html, michael crichton books and martial arts among others.

I suppose I did that to satisfy my inner world where I'm most comfortable with. I was looking for something to fill the void inside. It was a search without an end. Apparently I was looking for the wrong things. Alhamdulillah, I know better now. Now I get fascinated by science and the Quran. The history of Rasulullah and his companions. Life has to be balanced, we have to seek both duniawi (world) and ukhrawi (hereafter). Even when we seek for duniawi it has to be with the intention of doing it for Allah. Only then will life be blessed.

I know better now but trying to escape from shadows of the past can still be a pain.

"Wahai Tuhanku, yang menukar-balikkan hati. Balikkanlah hati kami untuk taat kepada-Mu."
(Muslim)
Posted by Firdaus Labels:

2 comments:

Huda Lee said...

I used to have an immense interest in the Bermuda Triangle! Read books and even the internet to search for an answer. But in the end, I realised some things are not meant for us to know. Only Allah knows:)

August 31, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Firdaus said...

True. It doesn't hurt to try to find out more about these things. Bear in mind that the human mind has its limitation.

Believing in the unseen will help strengthen our faith in Allah, Lord of all Worlds(seen and unseen).

"Alif. Lam. Mim(1)This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off evil(2) Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them(3)"(2:1-3)

September 6, 2007 at 12:01 AM