Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 10:43 PM |  
This blog is in dire need of neutral and positive entries lest it turns out to be one of those whiny blogs. Not to my taste.... but carry on if it works for you.

2009. This year marks the 5th year that I am taking the SPI class in PERGAS. It is also the 5th year of me undergoing the harfiyah class. I am still hoping that more people will show more interest and ask me what this harfiyah class is all about. 

I'm getting a revitalized drive to attend the class. Nothing beats competition. A healthy competition is always good. 2 new guys of about my age joined the class recently. They have been following the same system not even a year now. But masyaAllah, the determination of especially one of them is tremendous. Very proactive guy who asks questions and the kind that even I benefit from. Alhamdulillah. Not that I don't ask question but I can learn from his go-getter kind of attitude. Verily Allah will let the effort of his creations go to waste. 

PERGAS class is just as interesting. Our afternoon class which was the only class at wisma indah last year are told to join the morning session. This equates to more classmates and more social time. Usually we would spend most of our half hour break with Asar. Now we have a good half hour to socialize over coffee. Some of these new classmates are people whom I've crossed path with before and would want to get to know them better.

It feels quite different having many schoolmates and classmates again since we were the only class last year and one of two classes the year before. Though a small class has its benefits I'm sure there are benefits of its own in this bigger class.

I especially like our Ustaz for Hadith and Fiqh. Very engaging and interactive. The class is very responsive. Makes the learning experience fun and time simply flies by. 

All these makes me see how the dynamics of a class depends on both the teacher and the students. As students, we should play our part to the fullest. 


Posted by Firdaus Labels: ,

0 comments: