Monday, July 16, 2007 at 1:27 PM |  
I will not be able to grow as a person until I risk revealing who I really am to the people around me, to my friends. Alhamdulillah, I am taking steps that will eventually lead me to sharing who I really am.

Every individual has a challenge to overcome. Mine just seems to be something that most other people do naturally. I have problems trying to express myself in words. The combination of my personality and the experiences that I went through made me weak to overcome the social aspect of life. The longer I remained passive, the harder it was to break the habit. The harder it became to rewire my mentality. It was easier to remain at status quo, but it was not without a price. In fact, it was more destructive. However, this puts me into an interesting situation. I learned things differently. I have a different point of view which becomes my responsibility to share with others.

I was stuck in this repetitive loop for a very long time. Now, I am ready. I will get over this. People will definitely perceive me differently. Some in a better light and others in worse. I will get this done and over with and move on with my life.

Acquaintances around me are getting married. I am old enough to start thinking about marriage myself. How can I think about marriage if I can't even express who I really am to others, to my potential partner. It's time to break the walls and take that leap of faith.
Posted by Firdaus Labels: ,

2 comments:

Huda Lee said...

Everybody has their dark secrets. But you are who you are. Its impossible to suit everybody's needs and feelings:) As long as you move on, the future is more important than the past.

July 20, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Firdaus said...

So right, that is the beauty of Islam. By just making sure you are a better person today than you were yesterday, you are set for life.

July 24, 2007 at 7:18 AM