Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM |  
Man has a tendency to focus on what he is deprived from. Be it health or wealth. Partly its built-in to man's survival mechanism. When we injure ourselves, we will feel the pain. Pain is a signal for us to attend to the problem.

Pain, or challenges in life, becomes a problem when we mull over it extensively and starts to engage in self-pity. Being overly optimistic probably can't all that good either if we end up in wishful thinking. So I remind myself not to end up in the either one of the extreme states.

Having said that, my week had been interesting. I was not feeling well for most of the week... always a good opportunity to just let go and reflect.

On a higher note, March and April and the birthday months for everyone in our house except me. 30th March was Nadia's.






I had a conversation with my other siblings, those 21 and above. We were thinking of the presents we had given to our little sisters for the past years. We agreed that the presents we gave were things that we would have wanted when we were smaller.... and we are guilty of playing with the stuffs we gave to our little sisters(buang gian).

I personally find nothing wrong with that as we will be genuinely happy for them!! At the same time, we can teach the value of sharing :p

In the end its not the present that matters, what matters is the time we spend with one another. If a present helps in that process... so be it. As the older one, I see the challenges that my siblings would have to face. My job is to remind them when it's due. I see myself when I was her age in Nadia... and I'll do my best to guide her.

So young yet so stressed out. Kids shouldn't grow up like that. But some of us do... and it's mainly from self-expectation, not from external factors. We want to be perfect. We are the naturally driven types... but we need to have a purpose. For the kid, it could be trying to be the perfect student, trying to be the pride of the parents. It becomes hard when we fail to master the basics of self-expression. When we fall, we fall hard. We might even get our very psychological concept of 'Self' torn apart. When that happens, it's a tough process to recover without the proper intervention.

Posted by Firdaus Labels: ,

6 comments:

Nadia said...

thank you :)

June 17, 2009 at 8:23 AM  
Firdaus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM  
Ainul Sariyah said...

TAK FAIR!! TAK NAK BIRTHDAY AINUL FINE!AINUL TENGAH ANGRY SEKARANG!

June 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Ainul Sariyah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Ainul Sariyah said...

OI! BILA NAK LETAK AINUL PUNYA!

July 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Ainul Sariyah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
July 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM