Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 4:49 PM |  
It's cool how my Photography module is forcing my out of home. And that's what I did last Sunday upon Hilwan's invitation to hang out at Pulau Ubin.

This week's assignment was to shoot 5 pics each of these 4 principals: Texture, 'Patterns and Rhythm', Layering and Visual Poetry.

Some tips to share with fellow adventure newbies:

1) Be prepared to get dirty (especially after it rained... muddy ground and puddles)
2) Water.. lots of water (but it will add on ur total weight, and the tap water in the toilet is not potable)
3) Shades and Caps can come in handy (for posing purposes too)
4) Time... be prepared to spend the whole day to maximise your bike rental's worth
5) Choose the right clique (same fitness level so that you will not drag others or get bored waiting for others to catch up; unless everyone is willing to work out on a compromise)





Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

I only had 3 hours as I had to rush for school in the afternoon. I had wanted to reach the peak and get a nice view of the quarry but the diamond trail proved to be very challenging to me. My spine and arm was also starting to feel the brunt but it was mainly my stamina. It sucks how my lack of physical endurance gets in the way of living to the fullest. But it worked out well and I had enough time to change at home before heading to Sunday school. Hilwan and his bro, Syukri, was gung-ho enough to conquer the peak after I left.

It was a nice re-introduction to nature.

>> more pics here

Posted by Firdaus Labels: ,

0 comments: